I think I’ve been using this granola recipe for about 10 years now and I LOVE it!
This is super easy, tastes great, and goes so well on so many things! My family eats this as cereal, on top of oatmeal and other hot cereals, on top of yogurt, and as a trail mix!
BONUS! It is super easy to adapt to the tastes of your family too!
I know it’s so easy to just pick up a package of pre-made at the store, but that stuff has preservatives and probably unhealthy sweeteners and who knows what else! You can whip this up so fast and know that it really is healthy granola!
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of orange or apple juice
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 3/4 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of assorted nuts and seeds such as walnuts, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 1/2 – 1 cup of dried fruit such as raisins, cranberries, dates, apricots, apples, currants, etc
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the honey, juice, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the oats, nuts, and coconut. Stir until everything is thoroughly coated with the honey mixture.
- Spread it out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir the granola and then bake for another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the granola to cool. (Note: You should stir the granola a couple times while it’s cooling so that it doesn’t clump together.)
- Add your dried fruit and you’re ready to go enjoy it!
Do you make homemade granola? If so, is the recipe similar to this one??